:::: MENU ::::

Monday, June 23, 2014

I was looking forward to recovery week and getting in a 15km run with Chris today. Things started off well then about 2km Chris felt pain in the back of his knee again. ( he tore his achilles tendon last year and it took a good year to heal so he has to be careful ) He injured something last week behind his knee and it still hasn't fully healed this week.  Unfortunately that meant no running for Chris today!
He sat on the bench like a sad panda bear while I ran a few loops around the nature trails.
He witnessed a duck nearly attack me as I ran over a bridge with momma duck and her babies hiding below. I at least was familiar with the duck attack location since it was the same spot I was attacked when I was training for Ironman Louisville.
I can't really blame the duck since she is protecting her babies. When she hears someone stomping up above, she freaks out and chases you down!
I can see why they post a danger sign on the bridge. It has to be because of the killer ducks, not the faulty boards! haha


After the run we planned on some swim training. We almost didn't make it.
BEWARE OF THE CHAIR!!
Yes, it's a mistake to sit down in between sessions!

We got in approximately 1500m in the pool. A nice easy swim day. It was great to have the company and I'm hoping Chris heals fast!!!














0 comments:

Post a Comment

A call-to-action text Contact us