:::: MENU ::::

Thursday, May 1, 2014


It's discouraging knowing you have to get a good long ride in and you look at the weather forecast for the week and it's rain, rain and more rain!
It was raining this morning so Lisa called and we discussed what we were going to do. Ride indoors on the trainer, or brave the elements.
I personally would rather watch paint dry than ride inside. Lisa's not a fan of the indoor trainer either, yet the wet, windy conditions were not so appealing either!
I twisted Lisa's arm a bit and I was so happy she agreed to the ride outside.
I couldn't help but feel the rain would pass and all we would be left with was the wind to contend with.  Just give me fresh air and scenery and I will take the wind over a" ride to nowhere" inside!

Instead of leaving from home, we drove out to a nice stretch in the country in case we had to bail due to heavy downpour. We parked at a church and off we went.
We couldn't believe as soon as we started the rain stopped, the dark clouds parted and out came the most beautiful sunshine. Funny how the simplest things can bring the most joy!
We had a great ride and we were so happy to be outdoors and get our long ride in.
It's our recovery week so we rode for only a couple of hours.
It was a good solid session since the wind was fierce again at times. 35km hr winds/56km wind gusts.
Perfect timing to call it quits,my shifter started to malfunction and  loosen at the end of the ride. I think I may have pinched my cable when I secured my tube from my speed fill bottle. (this time we only suffered two helmet head bonks when inspecting the bike issue! )

I had to be home by 1Pm since I was anxiously awaiting the countdown to place my order for a set of  Flo wheels for my bike. The online order began at 1pm and previous orders have been known to sell out within minutes.
The wheels have excellent reviews and the owners of the company are very approachable and helpful. I spoke with Jon one of the founders/owners of the company a week prior and he took time out to talk to me and educate me on what would be the best wheel set for me to order.
I am super excited for my new wheels to arrive!!

After I placed my FLO order I got a text from Lisa saying she just picked up some wine and she half jokingly asked if I would I like to come over for a hot tub and a drink. That is like asking someone in the desert if they would like a tall glass of cold water. I jumped at the offer!
There was a million other things we could have/should have been doing but sometimes you just have to take that time for yourself.
It was so worth it!
As much as I love Chocolate Milk as a recovery drink I think wine did a pretty good job today as well!










0 comments:

Post a Comment

A call-to-action text Contact us