:::: MENU ::::

Monday, April 28, 2014

The wind this Spring has been relentless! I've been cycling and competing in triathlons for 12 years now
and I have NEVER seen such wind! Today the wind was 35km/hr with 59km/hr wind gusts. 

To give an example, typically my speed on the flats would be 26-30km/hr.  
Today on the way out I had a tailwind
and I was riding at 42km/hr with little effort ,and I was climbing hills at 32/km an hour!
That made for a sweet ride! 
The way home was a different story. I was standing still! I couldn't seem to ride past 15km/hr.
I was climbing hills at 9km/hr ( any slower and I would have fallen over!)
I couldn't believe on some of the downhills I was only able descend at 21km/hr!

A break would be nice, but I can only hope all this wind is making me stronger for race day!
J.


I thought about leaving my bike here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A call-to-action text Contact us