:::: MENU ::::

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Well it has been awhile since I have done a blog post but hey I have been busy training! lol.
I would post more but I have an old crappy work blackberry that takes horrible pics and my wife has an iPhone  5 which works seamlessly with our home Mac network! (I love apple products)
This past week I have had 2 solid 145 km bike training days. I had the week off and decided to bike up to our cottage in Port Franks. I was really looking forward to this ride expecting a tailwind the entire way, since everyday I have rode this year has been a tailwind in that direction.
The ride started off great for the first 20km, a couple of rolling hills and I was really looking forward to the rest of the ride which was relatively flat.
Then the wind decided to do the opposite of what I was expecting... dead on headwinds of 30-55km/hr for the rest of the entire ride. That's 120 km of brutal headwind and a lot of cursing and swearing!!!
It was the most difficult ride I have ever done and have never faced winds like this for this looooong!!

Yes it was extremely difficult but I was going to the cottage and battled through every bad thought I had and thought about everything I loved about our cottage to get me there!
The cursing and swearing was still there but I made it, and afterwards I am thankful for those strong winds which made me stronger!

The ride home was much easier, I had no winds to battle and didn't have to take any side roads for safety issues. On the ride to Port Franks I had to turn off Hwy 23 from the strong crosswinds which were pushing me into traffic on the unshouldered roads and walk my bike on gravelled road for a couple km's.
Otherwise It was a great ride both ways and can't wait to ride back to our cottage in the next couple weeks!
And another highlight was I had my first open water swim while I was at the cottage. What a difference open water swimming is, and I thought my swimming was improving, lol!

Anyway I have some photos on my phone but of course I cannot download them for unknown reasons so I will post some pics of the recent upgrades I did to my bike this week. I upgraded from a 9 spd to 10 spd with a new 10-28 cassette, new rear derailleur and new bar end shifters. I tested everything out tonight and what a difference it makes on the hills! Love cycling!!

Extremely excited about my new rear Flo 90 and can't wait to get a front Flo 60!!
C.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

A call-to-action text Contact us