:::: MENU ::::

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

                                                   All packed and ready to go !!!!!

Three more days to go... all packed and ready to go!!

I have absolutely no idea what to expect, yet it's all part of the excitement and adventure! I do know that the scenery will be simply stunning. The most scenic race I've ever done I'm sure. 

What I'm most looking forward to about  the race:

I'm looking forward to the new never before seen scenery and the unexpected adventure. 

Race worries:
I no longer need to worry about the mind numbing cold water, I've heard the glacier lake has warmed up to 15 degrees Celsius. 

Of course there is always the worry of a mechanical issue on the bike, but I try not to think about that!

What's in my bag: 

Swim : orca wetsuit 
Nineteen booties 
Skull cap : blue seventy ( I may still wear booties/cap despite the warmer water. You are not a true Canadian unless you complain about being too cold or too hot ;)
Goggles: AquaSphere
Tri kit: Louis Garneau 

Bike : specialized transition 
Helmet : specialized 

Run: Asics (my first pair of Asics ) 

Fuel: Carbo pro 
Hammer gels 
Power bar gel chews and power bars 


What I'm most looking forward to about Iceland besides the beautiful scenery:

- drinking the best tasting water I've ever tasted right out of the tap 
- no mosquitos!
-having my camera in hand, photographing all night long under the midnight sun

What I will miss: 
It's our first race without our kids greeting us at the finish line. 
I already miss my two cuties, but I'm sure they will be having the time of their life at camp while Mom and Dad play too! 

~ I can't wait to race with an amazing group of people, doing what they love, and have fun!! ~
See you soon Iceland!


Good times at the beach before we say goodbye..

Our last bike before we pack em' up!!




One last hill session!

Bikes packed and ready to go! Soon we will be seeing these beautiful Icelandic horses up close and personal!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A call-to-action text Contact us